The Federated States of Micronesia will held its 2013 FSM Interagency Leadership Conference on August 14-16, 2013 on Pohnpei State. This conference is organized by various agencies and developmental partners supporting persons with disabilities and other marginalized populations in the FSM.
This conference has become an important event in the FSM for experts, service providers and various stakeholders promoting the rights of people with disabilities. The theme for this year’s conference is “Count Us In: Promoting and Strengthening Interagency Collaboration and Empowering Persons with Disabilities in the FSM”
The expected outcomes of this year’s conference are:
- Identification of existing barriers/challenges (social, financial, political, infrastructure, information, etc.) in delivering quality services to persons with disabilities;
- Identification of practical action steps to address existing barriers (at all levels and by all partnering agencies);
- Establishment/formalized Presidential National Advisory Coordinating Council (PNACC);
- Revise existing Memorandum Of Understanding to include other agencies and non-government organizations (NGO)
- Increased awareness of the rights of persons with disabilities and other marginalized populations provided for in United Nation’s conventions, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and other applicable mandates; and
- Increased awareness of available supports and services for persons with disabilities.
The registration and call for presentation forms can be downloaded from the Events menu.
For more information about this conference, please contact IAC 2013 chairman Mr. Dionis Saimon, firstname.lastname@example.org, or vice chairman Mr. Arthur Albert, email@example.com.